The way people and organization communicate has improved from the default voice communication to innovative ways including the use of a video conferencing system.
Video conferencing systems are used by businesses that include Telemedicine, hospitality industry, education among others communicate effectively with is customers and audiences. The video conferencing technology makes it possible for a face-to-face experience for everyone involved.
In this article, I look at what video conferencing is all about and how it can benefit you and your organization.
Let Jump in!
Some time ago only a handful of businesses could afford one. Today, one can access video conferencing systems thanks to the rise of new technology.
Video conferencing systems use Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP). VoIP makes it possible for data to be delivered over the internet to make communication easier, and more affordable.
It is estimated that the video conferencing market value will reach 35.84 billion by 2021.
Benefits of Video Conferencing System
The days of not meeting presentation deadlines are over. With a video conferencing system you can communicate with your partners, co-workers, clients and employees from any part of the world at a much cheaper cost. All you need to do is arrange a time for a meeting and set up your HD camera.
Help Connect better with remote workers
The way we use to work has changed. Although one can assemble a team to work remotely from any part of the world, it’s sometimes difficult to make them feel like part of the team dues communications gaps. Video conferencing systems helps to avoid feelings of isolation for your remote employees.
Improve Structured Communication
Video conferencing system help reduce the need for endless in-person conferences by structuring announcements and conversations into quick video interactions. The less time you spend on unproductive meetings, the more time you’ll have to spend growing your company.
Improved Employee Retention
The world of work keep changing and many top talents are looking to work with organizations that can provide flexibility. Some even prefer working from home. Integrating a video conferencing system into your operations as a business makes it easier to attract and retain many of these top-tier talents.
TYPES OF VIDEO CONFERENCING EQUIPMENT
Video conferencing hardware products can be broadly placed in one of four main categories:
These are used at individual workspaces, much like a desk phone, laptop or PC. They usually have a webcam and microphone attached to them. They are not expensive to install and are ideal for one to one conversation.
Set-top video conferencing systems comprise a camera, conference phone and codec equipment which are plugged into existing screens or monitors. They tend to be easy to move and connect. They can be plugged into interactive whiteboards or Smart TVs to aid presentations, or with the right software connect to multiple screens.
Integrated video conferencing systems are all-in-one hardware solutions comprising a screen, camera, conference phone, codecs, and in-built software. They are best used by the hospitality industry and organizations that turn to have a larger size space dedicated for meeting and presentations. This system recreates the experience of having remote participants present in the meeting room.
This system aims at making virtual meeting experience as lifelike as possible. The systems features make it possible to deploy during occasions where the quality of the interaction matters most like the boardroom.
INSTITUTIONS THAT CAN BENEFIT MOST FROM VIDEO TELECONFERENCING SYSTEMS.
- Educational Institutes: Teachers and students from different regions or even countries can attend the same virtual class online to share knowledge and discuss topics.
- Corporate Organizations: Corporate leaders can use video conferencing systems to quickly discuss hot issues with departments from different places. For instance, online training can be organized instead of delivering traditional training in a brick and mortar setting.
- Security Agencies: Security agencies can use video conferencing system cohort missions and analysis. This is ideal for situational room and crisis management moments where a specialist can be contacted from remote locations.
- Broadcasting Network: For a more interactive communication with experts and viewer engagement broadcast networks can use video conferencing systems in their daily reportage, interviews and analysis.
- Law Court. With video conferencing system, a witness can “appear” in court without travelling to the courtroom and prisoners can directly answer lawyers’ questions in prison, making the courtroom experience more cost-effective and safer.
- Telemedicine: Video conferencing technology also releases the problem of imbalanced distribution of medical resource as it enables patients in a remote place to “meet” specialists from anywhere around the world.
How to set up a video conferencing system
For utmost result, you should seek expert advice to set your video conferencing system up. I will advise you to get the right people to help you. This short video will educate you on setting a video conferencing system up.
Every company is unique and as such needs will differ. Identify what your company needs in terms of video conferencing system before look toward buying one. These are few things to know before you begin your search;
- Your location and the settings for the video conferencing system
- Reliable internet and data connection
- Number of video conferencing participants
- Preferred video quality
The right provider will be able to tell you exactly which products will fit best with your needs and will be able to thoroughly explain them to you.
Are you looking to install or buy a video conferencing system in Ghana? What will you be looking out for in your setup? Do you need a professional touch video conferencing setting? Share your opinion with us.